Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boston...cont'd




I think heading out to Revere Beach was one of our favorite parts of the trip. Jason has never been to the ocean-front before (Pacific or Atlantic). It was so relaxing to just walk along the beach and pick out seashells for the kids. There were even some guys windsurfing which was cool to watch (see 2 pic's down). We also made it to Cheers, the USS Constitution and the Cassin. Had some tasty lobster our last night there... was REALLY good, but could have eaten a little more without those beady little eyes staring at me.





The race was so cool!! Hard though. I think the 8+miles we walked over ther weekend sightseeing may have been part of the reason I felt a little "off". But, at least I beat my 2002 time and I felt good afterwards. I seriously doubt there is a marthon out there with more spectator support than Boston. It is IN SANE!! In a good way. Dave (my little bro) made it down from Portland, Maine to hang out with Jason and see me finish. Although, they missed seeing me - but can you blame them? There's only thousands of people there!! Now the girl running in the flourescent green wrestling suit, the guy w/a pink tutu and the running "juggler" were a bit more noticable! Btw... look closer at the flowers on the bottom right pic... notice what they are using instead of flowerpots??





Just a few more shots from the plane, the beach and w/Dave by the Charles River. Was such a great trip!!! We sure missed the kids, but knew they were happy to go to the zoo, Dinosaur museum and UofU red/white game with Granny and Grandpa. I think they were a little bummed to come home.... hee heee. THANKS again Kathy and Gerald!!!!

No comments: